Wednesday, February 5, 2014

February's Topic: Planning for Historical Thinking: Unit and Lesson Planning

February’s History Ed Blog Circle Topic= Planning for Historical Thinking: Unit and Lesson Planning

Last month we discussed some of the reasons that we value teaching our students to do more than simply recall facts. In the upcoming months, we will explore some of the ways that we have and can bring our ideas to fruition.

February’s theme focuses on the decisions we make before we engage with students. How do you plan units and lessons that promote historical thinking? What strategies and tips can you suggest? What pitfalls should we avoid?

If you did not get a chance to participate last month, I encourage you to join us! As before, if you'd like to post directly to this blog, please let me know and I will add you as an administrator. If not, just send me a link to your post, and I will add it.

I look forward to your contributions! (@joetabhistory)

No comments:

Post a Comment